Tuesday, September 27, 2011

FLATTERSHADES: Smokin' Hot Green Hues!

It was raining all day , got nothing to do, wasn't able to come to the office because of the typhoon . Spent the whole morning with my daughter just lying around sound tripping but then the electricity went off...Cait - my little princess had her afternoon nap, I started getting bored---but not that long :) Knowing myself, I never entertain boredom. I started cleaning my closet and I suddenly remember that I recently got this Lacoste shopping tote. I haven't inspected the bag yet, hmmmm let me rephrase that-- I haven't got the chance to "savor" the bag yet :) yes! that's more like it hahah! I instantly fell in love with the color combination of the fabric the moment I saw this. I'm sure you will too , Check it out :)


Lacoste's R. George Foldable Shopping Bag
Its big enough to carry all your stash!
It's lightweight yet its obviously durable enough to be called a "shopping tote"
Its definitely a shopaholic's must have!


Now enough of the bag, what really made me post this entry was the bag's military color. I just simply love it, I was inspired to do a FOTD :-) Whew! Its been a while since I last posted an FOTD entry, to makeup junkies out there, I hope you find this interesting. But before anything else, let me apologize for the poor pictures that I'm going to post here. I just used a cell phone camera that's why I can't capture the colors vividly.

First, before applying any makeup products to your skin. Don't forget to cleanse, tone and moisturize which may aslo serve as a primer so that your skin will hold your makeup really well, and that your makeup will last for a longer period.



As you can see on the picture above, 1st pic is obviously my "before look" or also known as my "terrible- haggard- 3 hours -sleep- look" :)) , now you know I'm the girl with the guts to post my before picture :). Next, after your primer, you can now put on your foundation, here I used MAC studio fix in NC 35. Obviously I have dark circles , I used MAC Studio finish concealer in NC 30. You can now see a much clearer and even toned skin. Now its my turn to say ... THANK GOD FOR CONCEALERS. Next picture , I already did my eyebrows wherein I used MAC's lingering eye pencil.

Now for the eyes, I just played with coastal scents palette in green hues. First I applied a brighter shade of green, then mixed it with a darker shade of green, just don't forget to blend it well, make sure that there are no harsh edges everything should be well blended. For this particular eye makeup , I used 3 different shades of green besides the browbone hi liter.
For hi-lite, I used Makeup For Ever's star powder in yellow. After the eyeshadow, I used green eyeliner to line the eyes, just the inner rim and the water line. For the outer rim, I used black eyeliner. Just smudge along the lines to give a smokey effect. For the lashes, I used 2 coats of Maybelline Volum Express. For me, there's only one mascara brand that works - its Maybelline.

For the cheeks I used MAC's PInk Swoon, and Makeup For Ever contour palette for contouring.

For the lips, I used MAC's Select Cover-up to neutralize the color of my lips. Select Cover-up is actually a liquid concealer but I also use it for the lips specially if you need to cover it up to better achieve a certain lip color. After applying the cover-up, I topped it with Maybelline's Iced Caramel and finished it off with Nars Lip Gloss in Turkish Delight.


There you go, a military color inspired makeup look! :-), who says you can't wear green? Now if only I can find my fatigue during my CAT days...... LOL

Just incase your loving that bandana, its from Evita Peroni :)

Stay dry & Be safe!
Photobucket



Vida Belle of Makeup By AnneVida also conducts Personal Beauty Makeup Workshop for Makeup Avenue. Aside From day makeup,corporate makeup and evening makeup, the module also includes a step by step demo on different looks such as The Smokey Eye and The Bronzey-Summer makeup. For inquiries on rates & schedule, you may send us a message through: annevidaglam@gmail.com or at +639175776136






No comments: