Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Accessories - your fashion emergency kit.

I am not so sure with some girls but I find it tedious to dress up sometimes. I’m your basic black dress kinda girl I can’t even label myself as fashionista as much as I want to cope up with the latest “fasyon” I don’t have the patience and the skills to pull it off :)

When it comes to make up- now that’s a different story of course , but since I’m not that too adventurous when it comes to dressing up, I find ways to at least give my look an instant oomph! And the easiest way to do it is to…..accessorize!! For me my favorite accessories are earrings. I just can’t get enough of it. A nice pair of earrings can instantly perk up that boring look. I want mine dangling- long enough to elongate my round face and bold enough to be seen.

If others are swooning over Forever 21 for its clothing line, their accessories section is what I look forward to the most! I also love going to antique shops for their vintage pieces – there’s one in Megamall at the 4th floor where the art showrooms and shops are lined up. You can also find unique pairs at Backstage. Backstage is this quaint little shop located at Serenda which carries Filipino designed ready-to-wear and made-to-measure clothes and accessories.

Here are some of my favorites as of the moment:

These pieces are all from Forever21

The Gold pair is from Backstage, the black vintage piece is from Bugis Singapore and the silver pair from Forever 21.

So whenever I dress up in a plain black outfit, (which is most of the time since that’s our work wear during our makeup gigs) I just put on a really gorgeous pair and I'm done ;-) ---for me, its all about balance.

Thanks,

Photobucket

No comments: