Thursday, October 2, 2008

Finally..at 30, I found IT.

"IT" yes, you read it right...I want this badly. :)) and whatever it takes I will get there.

Ever since my college days, until the day that I ended up working in a corporate setting, I never had a clear idea what I really wanted to do. All I know is that having a "job" is the same as having the means to put food on the table.


As a child, I always look forward to summer, why? because that was the only time I can give my 100% attention to my "other" activities/hobbies..such as oil painting, sketching, and singing. My mom would send me to art classes and voice lessons every summer. I guess, these also helped me discover my creative skills. Everywhere I go, it doesn't fail to show up :)

I took up Comm. Arts simply because I was a disaster with anything that has to do with numbers...then I had to convince myself that I wanted to be a field reporter, and daydreamed about having an action-packed career! I remember myself doing well in advertising class, but I never really thought about it..but I do have to admit I enjoyed manipulating those boring advertisements to make it more interesting to viewers/readers..I got a perfect 5(5 is the highest grade in Miriam, while 1 is the lowest.) in that activity, that was when my professor told me that I may want to join the industry in the future.(hello Ms. Ludovice remember me?!)
I was frustrated. I have an idea what I love to do, I know where I'm good at but then I have no clue on how to make it happen.

Then one day, while I was busy preparing for my own wedding, I decided to take a professional makeup course. I just thought of doing something different from what I've been doing inside my office cubicle for 6 years. The thought of having the chance to express my creativity again made me smile :) just like the good Ol' days when mommy used to send me to art school... :) It was like coming home again after a long period of searching..

And now, the rest is history. My craving didn't stop there. I knew right then and there, this is what I want to do...something that I can never imagine myself getting tired of doing. I can do this forever. I finally found the love of my life! Don't get me wrong..I may sound exaggerated but to those whose been working their asses off just to earn a living knows how important it is to find a job that you will keep right next to your heart. Not all are lucky enough to experience that...others die with boredom and sadness..."dead man walking" is the appropriate term for that.

To be happy, I think you have to be doing something you not only enjoy, but admire. For me it was a long journey but its worth the wait. I finally felt fulfilled, contented and happy with my new found career. I remember this excerpt from the e-book that I read few months ago..To do something well you have to like it. That idea is not exactly novel. We've got it down to four words: "Do what you love."

As of now, I just need to strive harder I know this time , reaching the top won't be next to impossible..I can now see the end of the tunnel. Finally I have something to look forward to.

Speaking of "looking forward to something"...after I got my degree in Artistic Makeup at Lasalle College Intl, and 101 Makeup Class under the supervision of Makeup expert - Mayone Bakunawa at CAS, I'm now ready to take the next level :)) I can't wait..I can't wait!! I've never been this excited hahahah (except when I gave birth to my princess Cait hahaha)

It will happen. Soon. Wish me luck :)

now don't get too excited...it's not going to be in PARIS(you wish! hahah)..but somewhere here in Asia..I won't spill the beans yet..I might spoil it :))

Follow your heart everyone and enjoy the journey!

Photobucket

2 comments:

Liz said...

hi Vida.. :-) i know where it is. i was glad to have found it as well.

i plan to enroll there next month for airbrush makeup course.. hehe!

Makeup Journal by Vidabelle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.