Monday, August 18, 2008

Have You Done the Sexy Sweep?

Have you done the sexy sweep?
That's Benefit's tagline for their bronzers.


I've always been a fan of bronzers, my personal favorite is this limited edition from Lancome - Star Bronzer Bamboo Powder. Too bad, when our house was burglarized early this year, one of the things that the burglars brought with them is my first traincase..and yes, my Lancome bamboo powder was there inside :( when I went to Rustans to get myself a new one..its no longer available.

Number 2 on my list , would be NARS' Laguna...NARS laguna has the perfect amount of shimmer , its suitable both for night time and day time use. This fantabulous product from NARS is always on the top list when it comes to bronzers.

Then I discovered Benefit's Hoola, what I like most about Hoola is that-- it has this soft matte texture,which gives your skin the most natural healthy looking tan. This suits best for daytime use since its matte and doesn't have the usual "bronzy-shimmer-glow"--which is by the way, best when used during a night out. And since its 100% shimmer-free, it can also be used for contouring. I also use this as eyeshadow :)

These bronzers are quite pricey though..specially Lancome. Good thing , there are alternatives. YES :) there is! and I discovered it accidentally .. I was doing my usual online shopping in multiply.. (MY SECRET INDULGENCE!..which is no longer a secret btw..) and I ordered some REVLON eyeshadow cream palette ..(can't help it , its 50% cheaper than the Revlon products being sold in the dept. store..who am I to decline such offer? hahah) anyway, the seller was too nice to give me a FREEBIE --> COVER GIRL press powder in TAWNY..I remember she was even apologetic because the shade is too dark for me..but then I think that's the reason why shes giving it for free and who am I to complain for a freebie right? hahaha. Apparently the texture and shade is almost exactly the same as BENEFIT's HOOLA! It was never a waste afterall and I intend to buy one again once I consume this...Covergirl is a good brand and its way way cheaper than BENEFIT. Hmm...I remember seeing a Covergirl counter in Robinsons Metro East..
PREP:
VMV Glykeros Moisturizer
Armada Face & Body Shield60
FACE:
Benefit Oh so Gorgeous Foundation faker
Benefit Face powder in dandelion for finishing

BLUSH:
Covergirl Press powder in Tawny



EYES:
Revlon Overtime Long wearing eyecolor in battle green
MAC Charcoal Eyeshadow
Maybelline Unstoppable in Brown

LIPS:
Bobbi Brown in Rouge
Benefit lip gloss


Photobucket


No comments: